Ed's House is OPEN
Ed's House Project Office is closed to the public in an effort to support social distancing and to protect our staff, volunteers and clients.
For questions or inquiries please call 1-855-473-8875
We are Hiring
Ed's House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre is hiring...
Part-time & Casual Registered Practical Nurses
Important COVID-19 Notice
Office Closure Due to COVID-19
Please note that we are still operational and can be reached by phone or email. Contact information can be found in the ‘Contact’ tab at the top of this page.
At this time donations can be mailed or credit card donations can be taken over the phone.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes or updates as the situation evolves.
A Message from Community Care Northumberland
|In response to Monday’s announcement from the provincial government on the provincewide lockdown beginning December 26th, please see below restrictions and what is being offered by each program/service, as well as guidelines for in-office visiting.
- Hot Meals on Wheels program suspended. We will revert back to offering frozen meals only with deliveries being completed by CCN staff.
- Community diners are still suspended.
- Essential medical/supply transportation will be completed by specialized transportation drivers
- Home help and maintenance will continue, following the same health and safety protocols already in place
- Home at Last will still be limited to transportation home from the hospital
Hospice Services and Ed’s House
- No change: programs and services will continue to be offered virtually
- Personal Distress Alarms – Battery replacements as required with current protocols
- Visiting hospice services will happen virtually
- At Ed’s House, two visitors will be allowed at any given time per resident, with up to 5 total visitors for compassionate reasons with approval from the Medical Director or designate
These enhanced measures will be in place for the duration of the lockdown, which is currently scheduled to last until January 23rd. Towards the end of January, staff will be provided with an update as to program/service changes and health and safety measures based on the status of the provincial lockdown.
- Restriction of in-person volunteering across all programs and services
- Staff will work from home as much as possible (to be arranged with your manager)
- Clients, volunteers and visitors should not enter any CCN office unless absolutely necessary. If a non-staff member enters, he or she must wear a face covering, sign in upon entering and stay in the entryway of the office.
Please consult the following resources for more information:
Northumberland Hills Hospital: https://nhh.ca/covid-19
Government of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
HKPRD Health Unit: https://www.hkpr.on.ca/featured_posts/novel-coronavirus/
Public Health Agency of Canada: canada.ca/coronavirus
World Health Organization: who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times. As new information becomes available and decisions are made, we will continue to keep you informed through all of our communication channels including our website at www.commcare.ca
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the contacts below
Trish Baird Lynda Kay
Chief Executive Officer Director, Donor Relations and Communications
Community Care Northumberland Community Care Northumberland
(705) 653-0955 (905) 885-0466
1-866-514-5774 (905) 375-5628