Exciting Career Opportunity for Ed's House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre
Ed's House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre is currently looking to hire for the following positiongs:
- Medical Director, Parttime, please find the details here.
- Registered Nurses, both Parttime & Fulltime, please find details here
- Registered Practicial Nurses, both Parttime & Fulltime, please find details here
- Personal Support Worker, both Parttime & Fulltime, please find details here
- Building Maintenance Custodian, Fulltime, please find the details here
- Food Services Coordinator, Parttime, please find details here
Ed's House Northumberland Hospice Care Centre Office Closure Due to COVID-19
Ed's House Project Office is closed to the public in an effort to support social distancing and to protect our staff, volunteers and clients.
Please note that we are still operational and can be reached by phone or email. Contact information can be found in the ‘Contact’ tab at the top of this page.
At this time donations can be mailed or credit card donations can be taken over the phone.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes or updates as the situation evolves.
A Message from Community Care Northumberland
As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) evolves, Community Care Northumberland is continuing to monitor the situation and follow the advice of health and government authorities. The health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and the community as a whole are our main priority and, as such, we have decided to make changes to our programs and services effective immediately.
Please note the following changes to our program delivery:
Meals on Wheels
• The delivery of hot meals on wheels will be transitioning to our frozen meals on wheels program.
• All non-essential transportation is cancelled at this time.
• Essential transportation appointments will be delivered by Community Care Northumberland drivers.
• An example of an essential drives would be drives for dialysis treatments, chemotherapy and possibly Specialist appointments, decided on a case by case basis.
• All essential drives will take place in our Specialized Transportation vehicles. Cleaning will be completed following each drive.
• All Specialized Transportation Routes will be cancelled. Clients can call if they need access to an essential service and our drivers will work with clients to resolve the situation.
• Volunteers will not be used for any client transportation service until further notice.
Home Help and Maintenance
• Cancellation of all appointments for Home Help and Maintenance. If clients are receiving meal preparation during their visit and this is seen as essential, we will offer clients the opportunity to receive frozen meals and if required, clients can request grocery shopping and delivery by a CCN staff member.
Personal Distress Alarms
• Please contact one of our local offices in Campbellford, Brighton, Colborne, Cobourg or Port Hope should you need assistance or a battery replacement. Staff will be willing to assist.
• Unfortunately, in the interest of volunteer health and safety, we will be cancelling all office volunteer duties at this time. We will be reaching out to volunteers to assist in telephone duties and connecting with our clients through ‘Telephone Security Checks’.
Hastings Office Closure
• Our office in Hastings is currently closed we are directing all inquiries for supports to be made to our Campbellford location. Please call (705) 653-1411 or email email@example.com
Visiting Hospice Services
• Cancellation of all in-home visiting by volunteers and in home assessments by staff. All visiting and assessments will be completed by telephone.
• Cancellation of all in-home visiting by volunteers and staff. All visiting will be completed by telephone.
• All social groups, classes, workshops, exercise and falls prevention classes are cancelled.
We are confident that these changes will help limit the spread of the virus and protect our staff, volunteers and clients while we continue to offer essential services to the members of the community.
Please consult the following resources for more information:
Northumberland Hills Hospital: https://nhh.ca/covid-19
Government of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
HKPRD Health Unit: https://www.hkpr.on.ca/featured_posts/novel-coronavirus/
Public Health Agency of Canada: canada.ca/coronavirus
World Health Organization: who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
We are currently reaching out to our clients to inform them directly of the changes taking place and to make alternate arrangements, if necessary.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times. As new information becomes available and decisions are made, we will continue to keep you informed through all of our communication channels including our website at www.commcare.ca
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the contacts below
Trish Baird Lynda Kay
Executive Director Director, Donor Relations and Communications
Community Care Northumberland Community Care Northumberland
1-866-514-5774 (905) 375-5628